COP’s development activities are growing rapidly with projects in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. We are now looking to hire one of the best Contract Managers in the offshore wind industry.
We are looking for the best in class Commercial and Contract Directors to join our elite team of industry experts at Copenhagen Offshore Partners.
A unique and challenging opportunity for a competent and experienced Commercial and Contract Director. You will become an integral part of the company and have distinct responsibility as Commercial and Contract Director in one of our new market projects in either Taiwan or Denmark.
COP is a specialized provider of project development and construction management services to offshore wind projects and supporting Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) within development and construction of offshore wind farm projects. CIP and COP’s development activities are growing rapidly with projects in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. We are looking to hire some of the best professionals of the offshore wind industry to join our team and become key players in the further development of our business.
In COP we strongly believe in projects being at the core of what we do and we enjoy working in empowered, highly-experienced, agile, lean, cross-functional teams. As a Commercial and Contract Director it is essential that you thrive in dynamic environments, have a strong experience and a holistic understanding of offshore wind projects. Furthermore, your personality and diverse skill set enable you to create and maintain relations and communicate efficiently across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
As a Commercial and Contracts Director, we expect you to take responsibility and find solutions, whether it is by applying your commercial, technical and contractual knowledge and insights to support the project teams in developing the right commercial strategies, negotiate the final issues in a large complex project contract, define the right insurance requirements across the suite of contracts or whether it is by applying your organizational skills in setting up a high performance contract management team, defining the right processes and ensuring that project shareholders and other stakeholders are comfortable with the commercial activities in the project.
You will have a double reference, reporting directly to the CEO and/or the EPC Director in the project and to the Chief Procurement Officer based in Copenhagen.
Your key duties will be to:
- Manage the procurement activities in the project including the procurement schedule and a team of skilled contract managers and legal advisors
- Develop and execute commercial and contract management strategies to secure value optimization and bankability of the project
- Develop, drive and execute commercial and contract management activities to secure safe, timely, high-quality and cost-efficient delivery of the project
- Develop and maintain value-adding supplier relations within the project
- Ensure delivery of consistent, timely and high-quality reporting, analyses and presentations
We expect that you have the following qualifications:
- One of the best Commercial and Contracts Directors in the industry
- A master’s degree in (commercial) law, business administration, engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Understanding of large projects, the ability to work in the interface between technical, commercial and legal aspects and a strong sense of value and risk drivers
- Experience from offshore wind projects and understanding of how a project can be successfully delivered
- Project and people management skills
- Business acumen and strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills enabling you to perform in different cultures and at all organizational levels
- Communicate fluently in English
We offer a competitive salary package for the position and the opportunity to work in a team with some of the best experts in the industry.
Do you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Morten Hjortkjær, CPO of COP by e-mail email@example.com or mobile +4528112929
Please apply here: